Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Special

A week to Halloween, and we got ourselves an awesome scare. It was late in the evening when Faez wanted to go to the playground near my old house. So we went but didn't play much. I told her that we are able to walk all the way to East Coast Park from Simei by walking through the park connectors all the way to Bedok Camp.



We snapped a few pictures - okies, maybe not "a few" but rather quite a number of pictures - along the way to the park connector near the Monsoon drain.



It was hilarious and we laughed alot. Until we reached the park connector beside the Newater plant.



I was starting to get the creeps and Faez wanted to take a few pictures in there, but I was reluctant to step into the park connector. Don't ask me why. It's a feeling, and I can get abit paranoid at times.



We went in, but not in too deep when we heard rustling in the trees to our left. Faez was nearer to the trees. Our heads just turned towards them and I saw this branch-looking thing break from the tree. I focused on that, but Faez looked up and saw something yellowish white, the size of a human moving away. She stared at that for quite a while until I had to urge her to run by grabbing her hands.

We crossed the road to the other side, feeling creeped out and amused at the same time. Creeped out because of what just happened. And amused because we can't believe it happened. There's this motorcycle rider and his girlfriend zoomed past, but the girlfriend gave a creepy scream when she passed us. Me and Faez, at the same time had only one thought racing in our minds. "WHAT did she see??" So we walked all the way to the opposite bus stop, as we decide not to continue our journey. The cyclist had to scare us, and I had the feeling that something was following us so we walked super-fast. In the end, we couldn't find the bus stop that 9 would pass. So we decided to walk back to East Point.

We experienced it again when we passed ITE Simei. There was this overhead bridge that lead to the front of the school. The pathway that we were walking at had to lead to the side of the bridge, and away from the light and the main road. It was the very last minute that my instinct told me to change direction and walked outside on the road itself. I pulled Faez and we both changed direction. At the same time, Faez and I heard the similar rustlings on trees above us. She then heard soft chatter while I heard something which sounds like the sounds made by a lizard, only softer, and creepier, followed by a soft wail. We walked all the way to East point. I hope it didn't follow us then. We suggested it must have waited for us on the trees to corner us in front of the ITE, but because I changed direction, it moved outwards to the road, which explains why the rustling trees.

It was creepy, but hey, it's a good Halloween scare. Although it spooked us out and made us so afraid, and not to mention paranoid, I'm quite sure we would laugh about it sometime soon. Haha.



Our word is "PARANOID".

Dictionary: Paranoid (adjective) Exhibiting or characterized by extreme and irrational fear or distrust of others


Defining Definition: Paranoid (adjective) Combining the act of being overly aware and wary of the surroundings with the act of thinking of every possible bad outcomes that could arise, resulting to great fear of something that hasn't occured. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment