Friday, September 25, 2009

Critical Edge

"Your Dad has never cared for me or you.."
"You'd never understand the pain I've been through.."
"If I have a chance, I would leave you.."

I cannot shut my eyes from your agonies
Or watch you lay like a used, broken doll.
You'd whisper your pain to the breeze
And I would wrestle with my thoughts.

The armour you used cannot stand the hit,
You have to battle without your shield.
And the mask you wore can no longer conceal
Your emotional scars that just won't heal.

I never intend to hold you
From those big dreams that could have been,
But helplessness drags me through
Like waves drawing sand under my feet.

Apologies can't undo what we've been through
And words are like blades you can't retract.
I'd be biting th bullet that you aimed for my heart,
From that shot which could tear me apart.

Your words scorched my insides bad
And echoes of torrent insults drowned me dead.
"I wish I have never known your Dad, so I wouldn't have to bring you in this world"

You smiled a little too wide
When you tried to hide your fears.
But your betraying eyes were filled with doubt
When you blinked away those tears.

I don't want to be the thorn that prick her own rose...


Bridge:
"Your Dad has never cared for me or you.."
But as long as you still do...
"You'd never understand the pain I've been through.."
But I've always tried to...
"If I have a chance,  I would leave you.."
Please stay, I need you...

What would a candle be without a flame? (A darkened soul...)
What would life be without it's warmth? (A night so cold...)
What would I be without you? (No hand to hold...)