Friday, September 25, 2009

Skyline

My trust is built on your words
To tie down my fears and bury my secrets
And when the clouds start to hide the stars,
I'd search for your hand in the dark.

I could let go and not be afraid.
I'll be that girl on the swing again
And you'd be her best friend.

Chorus:
When the current shifts direction,
She would have me anchored.
When mirrors sigh to imperfections,
She'd have my doubts reassured.
She'd be that rose that blooms in winter
And that remedy for wounded hearts.
She'd be the music when you hear the thunder
Holding me from falling apart...

We'd jump together into thrills
Not giving the world a damn, not casting a glance.
And when the world starts inflicting you pain,
You could lean in against me.

Chase away your fears and don't hold back.
You could be that girl on the swing again
And I'd be her best friend.

[Chorus]

Bridge:
Even as two worlds collide
And nothing can pull us apart,
Time can forge a sea between us.
But when the moon's silver turn grey
Or the stars die out,
I'd still have you leading my way.


We could always be the girls on the swings
And still remain best friends.